International Orientation Spring 2024
Welcome, New Students!
Get Ready to Make Your Mark at FDU
When: 1/17/2024 for Metropolitan campus students only & 1/18/2024 for Florham campus students only
* Required attendance for all F-1 visa holders
Where: Metropolitan Campus and Florham Campus - see below for directions.
Metropolitan Campus: The Metro Club in the Alumni Hall, 990 Library Circle, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666
Building 10 on this page: https://www.fdu.edu/campuses/metropolitan-campus/maps-directions/
Florham Campus: The Orangerie in the Monninger Center, 285 Madison Avenue, Madison, New Jersey 07940
Building 15 on this page: https://www.fdu.edu/campuses/florham-campus/maps-directions/
Some Important Reminders:
- Medical Clearance: ALL students are required to be medically cleared to attend classes in New Jersey. This a legal requirement. To ensure no interruption to your study at FDU, please be sure to complete health forms for medical clearance to attend classes at Fairleigh Dickinson University. fdu.edu/SHSMetro and fdu.edu/SHSFlorham
- Housing On Campus: Please complete a housing application at a computer (not mobile device) through www.fdu.edu/housing if you need a place to live during your studies. Living in the University residence halls is a safe and convenient way to begin your studies. You can move into the residence halls on or after 10 am on January 17 with a confirmed housing assignment and medical clearance. The cost for housing and meals is estimated at $8,000 per academic semester, and internet, laundry facilities and utilities are included in the cost.
- Placement testing: If you were required to complete placement testing you will not be able to register in classes until this is completed. https://office365.fdu.edu
- Registration: Your academic advisor will contact you at your FDU student email account once your placement test results have been recorded. Note that students placed in EPS coursework are required to complete the assigned EPS coursework in order to proceed with degree studies. https://office365.fdu.edu
- Class Schedule: After registering in classes, you will see your class schedule in SelfService.fdu.edu Please check your FDU student email for any important emails from academic departments regarding placement testing, registration, and classes. Your professors will only email you at your FDU student email account. https://office365.fdu.edu
- Technical Assistance: Please see the following websites for helpful information regarding technical issues:
- Verification of Enrollment (Government sponsored students only): After registering in classes, complete your request forms in full and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee Payment: After you see your schedule in Self Service, you can view and pay your invoice. SelfService.fdu.edu
- Payment methods and payment information: www.fdu.edu/makeapayment and https://www.fdu.edu/admissions/tuition-fees/payment-terms/
- Health Insurance: Mandatory FDU health insurance: https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/school-page After enrolling, to access your insurance card, please follow these Health Insurance Login Instructions.
- FDU Student ID Cards: An email from TRANSACT will be sent to your FDU email after you have deposited and activated your NETID. A week before you arrive to campus, upload a photo of yourself to TRANSACT to be used as your ID photo. FDU ID cards can be picked-up at the campus Public Safety Office. Call 201-692-2222 for the Metropolitan Campus Office of Public Safety, or 973-443-8888 for Florham Campus Office of Public Safety for more information.
We are excited to welcome you to FDU!
All international students must complete the Check-In program (see link below these instructions) no later than 10 days from the official start of academic activities. Check-in allows our ISS team to:
- Review your visa status documents
- Report the arrival of FDU sponsored F-1 and J-1 students invalid status to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, thus activating your SEVIS record;
- Help you get settled on campus and answer your questions as you begin your activities at FDU; and
- Ensure that all students are added to email lists that provide valuable visa-status-related information, including travel advisories, workshops, tax information, and events, throughout the year.
Who Must Check InYou must report to the International Student Services Office (ISS) for check-in if you are:
- a new international student on F-1 or J-1 visa status
- a continuing international student beginning a new program of study or returning from a leave of absence
- in the United States
When to Check In
- Earliest: after you have arrived in the United States to begin your program
- Latest: no later than 10 days from your academic program start date
- We will send you an email prior to the start of class with instructions on how to complete the Initial ISS Check-in.
What visa status documents will you need?
- All relevant visa status documents (i.e. passport, Form I-94 Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-20, Form DS-2019, etc.)
- Any documents issued to you upon your entry to the U.S. by the airport
- Any other visa status-related documents issued by USCIS, if applicable (e.g. I-797 Approval Notice)
► Check-In In the United States
Spring 2024The Office of International Student Services (ISS) collaborates with campus partners to welcome you to campus and provide information to help your transition to the US and to FDU. There is a lot of detailed information in our online pre-arrival program that is required for all new students. These essential sessions feature tips for academic success and critical visa status information.
Have Questions? Please submit your Orientation Questions to ISS@fdu.edu.Telephone: +1-201-692-2743
Office Hours (Eastern Standard Time in the United States)
Mondays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fridays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturdays Office Closed
Sundays Office Closed